Articles tagged 'natpharm'

Pharmaceuticals sector: Where are we? 27 January 2019 HARARE - Presently, Zimbabwe has an acute shortage of critical drugs and medicines. Around 80 percent of available drugs and medicines are imported with the remaining 20 percent locally manufactured. This is despite local pharmaceutical manufacturers' ability to produce many of the medicines o...
Natpharm supplies short-dated medicines 27 December 2018 HARARE - Pharmaceutical Society of Zimbabwe (PSZ) has confirmed that the National Pharmaceutical Company (NatPharm) has of late been supplying short-dated medicines to the retail sector. This follows alarm raised by a section of local pharmacies alleging that the national supplier was supplyin...
NatPharm MD up for criminal abuse of office 2 October 2018 HARARE - The acting managing director at National Pharmaceuticals (NatPharm) appeared in court yesterday facing charges of abuse of office. The State alleges Newman Batanai Madzikwa, 40, allegedly hiked drug handling fees by 11 percent and corruptly awarded a $10 million tender to a Danish med...
NatPharm looks for hospital equipment 16 July 2018 HARARE - State-run National Pharmaceutical Company of Zimbabwe (NatPharm) is seeking bidders for the supply, installation and commissioning of Intensive Care Unit (ICU) equipment.  In a Government Gazette published on Friday, NatPharm said tenders close on September 11 for the supply of the eq...
Health levy boosts drug supplies 15 December 2017 HARARE - Zimbabwe is receiving a significant boost to its drug supplies, allowing it to expand its health care interventions after collecting $18 million from an airtime tax introduced earlier this year. Health and Child Care minister David Parirenyatwa said what remained was to improve drug d...
Govt urged to slash public hospitals' consultation fees 7 February 2015 HARARE - Zimbabwe should redouble its efforts to slash the prohibitive costs of treatment at public hospitals to achieve greater access to health care, a top Swaziland official has said. Sibongile Ndlela-Simelane, the Swaziland Health minister, said this on Thursday after touring NatPharm, Par...
Workers reject retrenchment deal 10 March 2014 HARARE - Employees at the government-run National Pharmaceutical Company of Zimbabwe (NatPharm) have rejected a proposed retrenchment deal — adamant that the drug procurement agency was still solvent. The Medical Professionals and Allied Union (MPAU) — which represents the employees — was init...
'Thumbs up to $2,5m NatPharm vote' 28 January 2014 HARARE - The $2,5 million budgetary allocation to NatPharm will close the drug provision gap that has left Zimbabwe largely dependent on donors and middlemen for medication, Health and Child Care minister David Parirenyatwa has said. NatPharm is charged with the procurement of drugs for all st...