DeMbare massacre How Mine

BULAWAYO – Dynamos moved into third place on the Castle Lager Premiership log following a merciless thrashing of troubled How Mine yesterday.

Most of the How Mine senior players boycotted yesterday’s match in protest over unpaid salaries and winning bonuses.

Chikurupati coach Kelvin Kaindu was forced to field largely a team made up of fringe players and those from their reserve side.

However, in football you can only play the opposition in front of you and DeMbare made light work of the How Mine B team.

Cameroonian forward Christian Ntouba and Denver Mukamba scored a brace each while defender Lincoln Zvasiya and midfielder Gift Saunyama chipped in with the other goals.

“This is one of the most difficult post match interviews in my coaching career after a 6-0 defeat,” Kaindu said after the match. We tried at the last minute to assemble a team which was very difficult for the technical side. We hadn’t trained for the whole week.

“I think if Dynamos were really serious they could have scored 15 goals but as a coach if your team concedes six whether they were training or not, you begin to ask yourself many questions. Let me calm down and digest myself and make a decision.”

Dynamos coach Lloyd Mutasa did not read much into the chaos in the How Mine camp and praised his players for a polished performance.

“We are happy the young boys came here and we collected the three points that we wanted,” Mutasa said.

“You cannot talk much about things that we do not see…what was happening in the other camp and how they were doing business. What is important is that as an institution we came here and scored probably our highest number of goals this season.”

The match started at a slow pace with the makeshift How Mine side trying their best not to cave in early on.

Chikurupati’s resistance was finally broken after 24 minutes when Mukamba opened the floodgates for DeMbare. A cross from fullback Peace Makaha deflected off a How Mine defender before it fell onto Mukamba’s path.

Mukamba made no mistake from close range to beat the home side’s goalkeeper Future Sibanda.

Saunyama doubled the Glamour Boys’ lead on 36 minutes when he scored with a beautiful shot from just outside the box after he was set up by Ntouba.

DeMbare continued to lay siege on the How Mine goal and four minutes later they were awarded a penalty after Cleopas Kapupurika was brought down inside the box by Nelson Tachi and referee Nkosana Nduna pointed to the spot.

Ntouba made no mistake from 12 yards out as he easily beat the youthful goalkeeper, Sibanda.

The Cameroonian was not finished yet as he completed his brace on the stroke of halftime when he capitalised on a poor back pass by Tachi before firing past Sibanda with a scorcher.

At the start of the second half it looked like How Mine had regrouped and would contain the marauding DeMbare forwards.

How Mine could only hold on until the 63rd minute when Zvasiya fired in a shot from close range after connecting with a corner kick from Mukamba.

Four minutes later Mukamba completed his brace for the visitors after connecting with a cross from Makaha.

Post a comment

Readers are kindly requested to refrain from using abusive, vulgar, racist, tribalistic, sexist, discriminatory and hurtful language when posting their comments on the Daily News website.
Those who transgress this civilised etiquette will be barred from contributing to our online discussions.
- Editor

Your email address will not be shared.