Harrison blasts CAPS bosses

MUTARE - CAPS United gaffer Mark Harrison lashed out at his employers for violating his and his players’ contracts after yesterday’s goalless draw with an sorts Buffaloes.

A visibly angry Harrison told journalists after the match that he had last seen his players during their midweek match draw against Hwange.

Even then, four of his starting players yesterday only arrived in a pick-up truck and ran onto the pitch without even warming up in a match that was held up for thirty minutes.

“Given the circumstances we did very well. I haven’t seen the team since our Wednesday game. The financial problems of the club are killing us. They are distracting everything. All due to the fact that we haven’t been paid.

“We are owed a lot of money. Theoretically the club has violated my contract, theoretically the club has violated all the players and theoretically we are now on the market.

“We can’t just carry doing this. It’s just difficulty at the moment and we are fighting fires every day,” Harrison said.

Makepekepe players arrived in batches after some of the players refused to even make the trip until they were paid their outstanding salaries.

The first group arrived at the stadium just before the mandatory inspection an hour before kick-off time forcing the cancellation of the procedure.

The five, who then arrived at 1515 hours in a pick-up truck were Hardlife Zvirekwi, George Nyirenda, Dominic Mukandi, Steven Makatuka and Gerald Phiri.

After the drama, the match finally commenced at 1530 hours and Buffaloes were awarded a penalty in the 13th minute after Calton Munzambwa handled inside his box.

Zimbabwe youth international Liberty Chakoroma fired the spot kick wide.

Referee Brighton Chimene then also awarded Caps United their won penalty after Farai Banda again handled in the 31th minute.

Rodrick Mutuma stepped up only for his tame effort to be parried back into play by Buffaloes goalkeeper Blessing Mwandimutsira.

Caps came back from the breather more determined and Kudzayi Nyamupfukudza fluffed his line in the 47th minute with the keeper at his mercy.

Second half substitute Admire Dzumbunu then watched in horror as his dipping volley crashed onto the cross-bar back into play only for Roy Mwenga to sky the rebound.

After the match, Buffaleos coach Joseph Takaringofa praised his charges in spite of letting CAPS off the hook.

“They played very well but we could have won the game. We created a lot of chances in the first half but we could utilise,” Takaringofa said.

“I don’t know why we are treated unfairly as we had to wait for another team’s players to arrive for the game to kick-off,” Takaringofa said.

Comments (2)

PEACEFUL PROTEST AGAINST TWINE PHIRI'S MAL-ADMINISTRATION OF CAPS UNITED If you are intrested join drop your contacts and we will add you in a whatsapp group so that we organise the when,where and how the denmonstrations will be held. REASONS BEING; The Howmine Boycot and players attending the buffaloes match in an open truck!!! AS THE MOST IMPORTANT STAKEHOLDERS LETS DO SOMETHING FOR THE CLUB ZVANYANYA TP MUST GO


mr phiri itai zvinhu zvifambe we are suporters we want results. dnt take caps as a tuckshop yamoita zvamoda nayo. tokumbirawo maserious kana pasisina cash sell to willing buyers or even merge w others....kepe kepe fo life

tanaka siwawa - 13 May 2015

Post a comment

Readers are kindly requested to refrain from using abusive, vulgar, racist, tribalistic, sexist, discriminatory and hurtful language when posting their comments on the Daily News website.
Those who transgress this civilised etiquette will be barred from contributing to our online discussions.
- Editor

Your email address will not be shared.