DJ Munya applies for refusal of further remand

HARARE - Radio DJ Munyaradzi Milimo yesterday made an application for refusal of further remand.

DJ Munya, as he is affectionately known, is accused of masterminding the kidnapping and subsequent killing of Tinashe Magorimbo.

He is jointly charged with Taurai Jani and Mohammed Matare.

Through his lawyer Lucky Mawuwa, Milimo made the application on the basis that he has been placed on remand for too long.

Mawuwa said according to Section 62 of the Constitution, Milimo had the right to a speedy trial.

He said because of the prolonged remand, he cannot work and look after his family.

However, prosecutor Sharon Mashavira said Milimo, who has been on remand for one year, should be patient as his docket is now at the Prosecutor General’s office for indictment.

Magistrate Milton Serima rolled over the matter to November 3 for his ruling on the application.

Allegations against the trio arose after Magorimbo died due to suspected poisoning.

This was after he allegedly failed to pay Milimo $5 000 “compensation” for having an illicit affair with his wife.

The court heard that Magorimbo allegedly gave Milimo a part payment of $1 000 through Jani and Matare in February this year.

It is alleged Magorimbo later became evasive, prompting Milimo to enlist the services of Jani and Matare to force him to pay.

Magorimbo went missing in May, before he was eventually seen at his flat by his wife on May 18, naked with both hands tied with a rope.

He later died at West End Clinic, where he had been admitted in the intensive care unit.

 

Comments (3)

No paddon for murderers please! Killing someone for a wife! Crazy mind.

dungas - 31 October 2014

Take this DJ to rest in Liberia,while he awaits for his court case to proceed

butterphyl,VIC FALLS - 31 October 2014

thats wat they learn from their musik kana vasvuta zvavo manje jere harina izvozvo ungauraira munhu pakati pemukadzi here bodo!!!!

zimurume riye riye - 31 October 2014

Post a comment

Readers are kindly requested to refrain from using abusive, vulgar, racist, tribalistic, sexist, discriminatory and hurtful language when posting their comments on the Daily News website.
Those who transgress this civilised etiquette will be barred from contributing to our online discussions.
- Editor

Your email address will not be shared.