NFZBBF apologises to SRC

HARARE - The National Federation of Zimbabwe Bodybuilding Federation (NFZBF) has apologised to the Sport and Recreational Commission (SRC) for failing to observe protocol when top athlete Victor Hungwe participated in the World Championships in Italy last year without authorisation.

The former Zimbabwe Musclemania did the country proud by winning his division, the U90kg category in Napples, Italy, in December. Though the SRC was naturally happy at the bodybuilder’s achievements, it was the manner in which the interim body failed to notify the country's sports regulatory body of Hungwe’s travel arrangements that riled the SRC.

Quite Shangai, the NFZBBF spokesperson, said his body was to blame for the chaos that characterised Hungwe’s unsanctioned trip to Italy.

“It was a lapse of concentration on our part; we can’t blame it on the athlete(s) but take full responsibility,” Shangai told the Daily News yesterday.

“It is a statutory requirement and NFZBBF would like to take the blame because it neither educated nor reminded its members. However, it is imperative to appreciate the rules and regulations that govern the bodybuilding discipline and all athletes wishing to participate in competitions hosted outside our borders are advised to adhere to the proper procedures as enshrined in the NFZBBF constitution and the SRC Act.”

Meanwhile, NFZBBF has postponed the Mr and Ms Ironman contest that was scheduled for June 7 to June 14. June 7 hosts the OK Grand Challenge and the organisers said would not want to risk a counter attraction.

The contest is set to be staged at the Odssey Centre in Kadoma. Coloursell Furniture, situated in Kadoma, will bankroll the bodybuilding contest for the second time running.

Comments (1)

FOR SALE HP TONER CARTRIDGES 05A, 10A, 11A, 12A, 13A, 15A, 24A, 35A, 36A, 49A, 51A, 53A, 55A, 61A, 64A, 70A, 78A, 80A, 85A, 90A, AND MANYMORE 0772 678 311

ORIGINAL - 20 May 2014

Post a comment

Readers are kindly requested to refrain from using abusive, vulgar, racist, tribalistic, sexist, discriminatory and hurtful language when posting their comments on the Daily News website.
Those who transgress this civilised etiquette will be barred from contributing to our online discussions.
- Editor

Your email address will not be shared.