Church causing noise in Warren Park

EDITOR — May you allow me to express my disgust over the noise violation which is caused by a certain church (name supplied) in Warren park D.

This church conducts its sermons in a home with a congregation who are sitting within 5 metres of the speaker using public address system with our houses not so far away from the church gathering.

Sometimes it even goes to the extent of holding all-night prayers at this house.

The noise created by the public address system is deafening to say the least.

This  church makes so much noise that each time they hold their sermons other neighbours just can’t sleep disturbing peace by making a lot of noise through singing and playing musical instruments using a PA system.

I am not against worshiping the Lord, but I believe it has to be done in the appropriate way.

Worshipping the Lord must be done without infringing upon other people’s rights.

I would want to urge the church to approach relevant authorities to make use of open spaces in the area to conduct their sermons where they do not disturb the freedom of other people.

Norman Muvavarirwa,

Warren Park D

Comments (6)

We had a similar problem in Ashdown pack where a church erected some roofing structures and immediately stated spewing church propaganda. We went to court, but found out that we had actually taken the longer route. Just go to your local police station, police are empowered to confisicate such noise equipment and prosecute the noise makers. There are laws in our statutes that protect citizens in this regard. Police will only act if you make a report

Rose - 17 February 2014

Years back, I was staying in Warren Park. I had neighbours who used played loud music (disco) at their house from friday evening to sunday manheru nono-stop, every week. I reported to the police who came and confiscated the equipment (they later got it back) but the problem stopped. The police will not disclose names of complainants. So go ahead make a report

Taurai - 18 February 2014

five your ago i was lodging in Glen-view and another lodger had the habbit of making noise when enjoying sex with his wife, I went to report to the police and for sure the police confiscated the equipement.

Nyorodo - 19 February 2014

Go ahead and file a report.That the procedure.Usambotya.Otherwise move to low density.

Ko nhai - 19 February 2014

Can you also report to the police noise from that Magamba Hall when those so-called bands come, they make noise too don't they? As i sleep soundly in my house in Bluff Hill in the deep of the night I hear "batai munhu, batai munhu ' from a Greencorft pub, maybe I should also report that to the police. NdezvaMwari izvi murikuitirwa noise munyika yaaniko, hoo Mwari ave noise kwamuri?

Maita Manyuka - 19 February 2014

Inongove nhamo kugara muruzhinji ini ndinewo wemunext nemipanda yedu iyi tofa ngekunetswa kana vapabonde. Noise yacho kana muine vaenzi vanyarikanai munotoshaya kuit moita sei tisu tinotozoridza radio kuti zviite nane. Inhamo hurombo hazvifaniri kudai , ndatoshayawo ndiri kutoti dai ndaona pamwe pakanaka , pandakambogarazve nyaya yaingova imwe chete !

MNK - 21 February 2014

Post a comment

Readers are kindly requested to refrain from using abusive, vulgar, racist, tribalistic, sexist, discriminatory and hurtful language when posting their comments on the Daily News website.
Those who transgress this civilised etiquette will be barred from contributing to our online discussions.
- Editor

Your email address will not be shared.