3 man in court for gang rape

HARARE - Three men who allegedly took turns to rape a 14-year-old girl over two days in Norton appeared before a
Harare magistrate yesterday.

Knowledge Mpame, 28, Lloyd Sibanda, 22, and Foxen Mukozho, 29, who are all out on bail, allegedly gang-raped the minor after she had approached the men looking for her boyfriend.

Mpame and Mukozho are employed as general labourers at Hunyani Boating Club Farm in Norton, while Sibanda works as a security guard at the same place.

Regional magistrate Temba Kuwanda remanded the trio to August 29 for trial.

Allegations are that on September 25 last year, the minor was accompanied by Admire Mhiripiri to the Norton-based boating club to look for her boyfriend.

Upon arrival at the lake side, the girl and Mhiripiri allegedly found Mpame and Sibanda working in the fields with two other men. They took the two visitors to a house in the compound after they requested for some water.

The court heard that Mpame was asked by the minor if he knew where her boyfriend stayed. He allegedly lied to her that he knew where he stayed before telling the girl to wait by the veranda as he was going to call the man.

It is the State’s case that Mpame returned from the fields and told Mhiripiri that he should leave as his employer did not like male visitors.

Mhiripiri complied but he left his contact details with Mpame in case anything happened to the minor.

The girl was then allegedly told to sit inside the house by Mpame while he went to look for her boyfriend at the fields.

Prosecutor Rufaro Mhandu-Muderede said Mpame returned some 40 minutes later and told the girl that no matter how loud she screamed, nobody would hear her as they were far away. He subsequently raped her.
After raping the minor, Mpame reportedly left the room and locked her inside before Sibanda walked into the house and raped her.

Sibanda allegedly locked the minor inside and called Mukozho who also repeated the act.

The following day, Mpame allegedly called Mhiripiri to come and collect the minor and take her home.

Upon arrival home, she narrated her ordeal to her parents.

The matter was reported to the police on September 27 where she was later taken to Norton Hospital for a medical examination and HIV tests.

Post a comment

Readers are kindly requested to refrain from using abusive, vulgar, racist, tribalistic, sexist, discriminatory and hurtful language when posting their comments on the Daily News website.
Those who transgress this civilised etiquette will be barred from contributing to our online discussions.
- Editor

Your email address will not be shared.