Pay up, Dynamos told

HARARE - The fate of Dynamos defender Morris Kadzola and striker Allan Tavarwisa yesterday remained in the balance after a meeting set to discuss their future failed to take place in Harare.

Sprouting Football Club, who hold the rights to Kadzola and Tavariswa on Tuesday threatened to withdraw the services of the two players as Dynamos “have not paid a cent,” since the duo joined the Harare giants at the beginning of the season on a three-year contract worth $27 000.

The terms of agreement were that Sprouting gets all the money by end of June, a condition that has so far not been attained by the Glamour Boys.

But a meeting between the Dynamos executive and Sprouting officials yesterday  hit a snag as one unnamed Dynamos executive was absent, forcing the two parties to postpone the meeting to today.

Sprouting official Masimba Mutame said their position from Tuesday was unchanged adding that the  Dynamos executive should honour their promise or risk losing the two players.

“They have not paid a cent,” said Mutame.

“We are having a meeting with them first thing tomorrow (today) morning. The meeting we had set for today did not happen as one of their executives was absent.

“But we are maintaining our stance; if nothing comes out of the meeting then we are recalling the players with immediate effect.”

Asked what he feels could have been the reason why Dynamos, after 15 games into the Castle Premiership season, have not shown any commitment to pay, Mutame said:

“Maybe at first they thought we were a small team so they thought they could bully us but we are in this for business.

“We put these youngsters through school and groomed them to this level. We deserve to get something.”

Dynamos also risk losing midfielder Devon Chafa on loan from Dickson Choto’s Northern Region Division One side DC Academy.

Chafa is midway through his loan spell at Dynamos but DC are yet to get any payment for his services.

The division one side has given Dynamos until the weekend to settle their bill or else the midfielder will be recalled to his parent club.

To add insult to injury, inform centre back Augustine Mbara is now out of contract following the expiry of his contract at the end of June and negotiations failed to make any headway.

Amid all this instability, Dynamos will re-launch their title defence when they travel to Bulawayo this weekend to face How Mine at Luveve Stadium on Saturday.

Apart from the possible absence of key players owing to contractual negotiations, Calisto Pasuwa’s team has been hampered by injuries.

Both Patrick Kumbula (ankle injury) and Byron Madzorere (back injury) are not available for the How Mine match.

Forward Washington Pakamisa, who recently pulled a muscle, has however started light training.

Dynamos team manager Richard Chihori said: “From the beginning of the season, we have been playing with these problems but we have still been winning.

“We have had injury concerns, players going for national duty and the like but we are still winning. It is all because of the fighting spirit in the boys.”

Post a comment

Readers are kindly requested to refrain from using abusive, vulgar, racist, tribalistic, sexist, discriminatory and hurtful language when posting their comments on the Daily News website.
Those who transgress this civilised etiquette will be barred from contributing to our online discussions.
- Editor

Your email address will not be shared.