DJ Munya remanded to June 19

HARARE - Star FM DJ Munyaradzi Milimo and two other men who have been implicated in the alleged murder of Ortneal Tinashe Magorimbo, 26 have been further remanded in custody to June 19.

A pale-faced Milimo, 32 and his two alleged accomplices Taurai Janhi, 34 and Mohammed Matare, 31 appeared in court, clad in khakhi prison garb for their routine hearing.

Milimo is alleged to have demanded $5 000 in adultery damages from Magorimbo who is alleged to have been his wife’s lover.

The court heard that sometime in February this year, Milimo discovered that his wife was having an illicit affair with Magorimbo.

It is alleged that Milimo approached his wife’s lover in a bid to be compensated for the adulterous affair and demanded $5 000 compensation.

Allegations are that Magorimbo made a part payment of $1 000 through Janhi and Matare leaving a balance which was to be paid in instalments but after the initial payment he became evasive.

Sometime in May, Milimo engaged the services of Janhi and Matare to deal with Magorimbo until the whole outstanding amount was paid in full.

On May 13, the now deceased was left home by his wife and after a while he called her telling her to contact him on 0739 017 969 since his battery was running low.

The mobile number given to Magorimbo’s wife by her late husband was later found in the phonebooks of Janhi and Matare.

Prosecutor Junior Mugebe alleges that later on May 13, Magorimbo went to West End Hospital to make a phone call intending to hire a taxi to Cranborne.

Magorimbo allegedly boarded the taxi and dropped off at O’Corner road and was never seen since then.
On May 14, West End Hospital’s human resources manager Henry Mandishona received a text message from 0739 020 657 demanding $5 000 as ransom money for Magorimbo.

Milimo is alleged to have gone to Magorimbo’s house on the same day and told his wife not to involve the police as her husband would be back home safe.

The now deceased was eventually seen on May 18 by his wife at their flat’s basement, naked with both hands tied with a blue rope.

He was staggering and unable to speak, resulting in him collapsing, before being rushed to the hospital.

A day after being admitted into West End’s intensive care unit, Magorimbo died and results from a post mortem conducted on May 21 revealed that the death was due to poisoning. - Helen Kadirire

Post a comment

Readers are kindly requested to refrain from using abusive, vulgar, racist, tribalistic, sexist, discriminatory and hurtful language when posting their comments on the Daily News website.
Those who transgress this civilised etiquette will be barred from contributing to our online discussions.
- Editor

Your email address will not be shared.