Wednesday, 15 May 2013
Mobile Version
    
 
Search Results [25]

 
12
Page size:
select
 25 items in 2 pages

News »
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:50
 

HARARE - Zimbabwe’s conservation and tourism sector has entered a “New Dark Age,” and its crown jewel, the Save Valley Conservancy (SVC), could shut down any moment from now, a leading conservationist and investor has said. Fingers are pointing at Deputy...Read More

 

Business »
Thursday, 11 April 2013 10:57
 

HARARE - Tourism minister Walter Mzembi has warned players in the hospitality sector to comply with the indigenisation policy or risk losing their operating licences. Mzembi said the sector is not exempted from the law — which compels all foreign-owned companies...Read More

 

Business »
Thursday, 11 April 2013 10:53
 

HARARE - Government will this week disburse $1 million towards the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) general assembly preparations, Tourism minister Walter Mzembi says. He said the money — to fund a publicity campaign of the premier event to be...Read More

 

News »
Wednesday, 10 April 2013 12:21
 

HARARE - Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA) chief executive Karikoga Kaseke says relations between him and the Tourism ministry over preparations for the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) are cordial. This comes as the ex-Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe boss’ name...Read More

 

News »
Tuesday, 19 March 2013 12:57
 

HARARE - Tourism and Hospitality Industry minister Walter Mzembi has alleged that Finance minister Tendai Biti is refusing to fund the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) general assembly because of “glory politics”. Zimbabwe and its neighbouring southern African country Zambia...Read More

 

Opinion & Analysis »
Thursday, 14 March 2013 11:06
 

HARARE - Zimbabwe has missed out on the chance to make a lasting impression on the international market during the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) general assembly, following revelations that government is not able to fulfil its $6 million pledge....Read More

 

Business »
Wednesday, 13 March 2013 10:37
 

HARARE - Zimbabwe's preparations to host the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) assembly could be in shambles following revelations that government will not release funds towards the exercise. Finance minister Tendai Biti — who had earlier promised to allocate $6...Read More

 

Business »
Monday, 25 February 2013 12:16
 

HARARE - Listed mining concern RioZim Limited (RioZim) says its troubled gold miner Renco has resumed operations, following the granting of a High Court order. Renco’s operations had ground to a halt after what started off as a salaries and benefits...Read More

 

Sport »
Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:19
 

HARARE - Tourism minister Walter Mzembi has denied writing letters to former Zifa chief executive Henrietta Rushwaya authorising some of the Warriors’ controversial trips to the Far East in 2009, where several invitational matches were fixed by an Asian betting syndicate....Read More

 

News » Chengetayi Zvauya, Parliamentary Editor
Friday, 15 February 2013 15:09
 

HARARE - President Robert Mugabe is expected to intervene in the Renco Mine saga today to put finality to the on-going ownership wrangle that has sucked in one of his ministers. This was said by Indenisation minister Saviour Kasukuwere when he...Read More

 

Opinion & Analysis »
Friday, 15 February 2013 11:06
 

HARARE - What a huge disappointment. He always came across as ‘Saint Walter’. He appeared like he was a dove among the hawks. Sadly, he is just like them all. In typical Zanu PF style, Tourism minister Walter Mzembi was...Read More

 

Business »
Tuesday, 12 February 2013 09:31
 

HARARE - Tourism minister Walter Mzembi says elections must be held before June to avoid disrupting the forthcoming United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNTWO) general assembly slated for August. Zimbabwe is expected to co-host the key tourism event with Zambia in...Read More

 

News » Fungai Kwaramba, Staff Writer
Monday, 11 February 2013 12:05
 

HARARE - Zimbabwe is set to host a “unique” United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNTWO) conference in the bush as government is struggling to avail funds to bankroll the programme’s preparations. Walter Mzembi, Tourism minister told reporters last week after meeting...Read More

 

News »
Sunday, 10 February 2013 12:32
 

HARARAE - Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai hopes an election before the United Nations World Tourism Conference (UNWTO) slated for August would put fetters on Zanu PF’s violence machinery since world attention will be firmly trained on Zimbabwe. President Robert Mugabe, Tsvangirai’s...Read More

 

News »
Thursday, 07 February 2013 10:51
 

HARARE - High Court Judge Hlekani Mwayera has reserved judgment in RioZim Limited’s case against Tourism minister Walter Mzembi and his Zanu PF colleagues for disrupting activities at the resources group’s Renco Gold Mine. In an urgent chamber application, the listed...Read More

 
 
Popular Stories
 
Madzibaba quits apostolic church
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
Shamu slammed over elections comments
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
RioZim in Sengwa due diligence
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
Elections: Investors eye blue chips
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
MDC must challenge sanctions rhetoric
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
Mujuru outwits Mnangagwa
0
Wednesday, 08 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe’s secret to long life
0
Monday, 06 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe draws iron curtain around Zim
0
Wednesday, 08 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe's do or die date
0
Sunday, 05 May 2013 Comments
2008 ghost haunts Mugabe
0
Friday, 03 May 2013 Comments
Archived Stories
Article Count 223
Article Count 493
Article Count 433
Article Count 467
Article Count 590
Cartoon
Weather