Saturday, 12 January 2013
Mobile Version
    
 
Celtic still keen on Mutuma
By Nigel Matongorere, Senior Sports Writer
Saturday, 12 January 2013 10:39
HARARE - Rodreck Mutuma’s agent is confident the striker will travel to South Africa this weekend for a trial stint with Bloemfontein Celtic.

Dynamos, however, insist the club will only allow the striker to cross the Limpopo if they get official communication from the Super Diski club.

His agent Edzai Kasinauyo is however, confident that Phunye Selesele will provide all the necessary documentation in time.

“Mutuma is definitely supposed to start trials with Celtic on Monday. I have been in touch with them and they want to have a look at him,” Kasinauyo told the Daily News yesterday.

“I have been talking to Dynamos for the release of the player but they were saying they want a formal invitation from Bloemfontein Celtic for him to attend trials. So I’m busy working on the facilitation of his invitation.

“It’s up to Dynamos on whether they want to release him or not but Mutuma is definitely wanted at Celtic. If all things go accordingly, he should be leaving this weekend.”

Dynamos vice-chairperson Webster Chikengezha, who is also doubling as the secretary-general, said the Harare giants will give their blessing to Mutuma’s trip if they get communication from the Telkom Knockout champions.

“Once we get official communication from the club we will allow the player to travel to South Africa,” said Chikengezha.

“What I would like to point out is that allowing the player to go for trials does not mean we will be willing to let him go if he impresses there.”

Chikengezha said they are insisting on getting official communication from Celtic to ensure that none of their players are clandestinely sneaked out of the country without their knowledge.

Mutuma, who had a meteoric rise to fame in his debut season in the top flight in 2011, had a largely subdued season last year.

The former sporting Manhenga forward was relegated to the bench when Takesure Chinyama arrived at the club.

But his fortunes changed when Chinyama left to join Orlando Pirates in mid-season and he began to get more game time.

Mutuma is part of the DeMbare 2013 African Champions League squad and judging by his form in the second half of the season, he is likely to partner Simba Sithole upfront.

Meanwhile, Dynamos have denied that they offered out-of-contract forward Martin Vengesayi a pay cut for him to sign a new deal.

Chikengezha said the club only offered a reduced signing on fee for the player but his salary will remain the same.

Talks between the two parties have broken down and as things stand, it looks like the former Masvingo United and Shooting Stars man is on his way out.

Dynamos, who began their 2013 preparations this week, yesterday organised a get together between the players, executive and board.

The three parties gathered together at a local restaurant, where club chairperson Kenny Mubaiwa addressed the players, in particular their new signings.
 
 
   
 
 
 

 

Comments [0]

 
 
Popular Stories
 
Jaure stays at DeMbare
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Ausburg suspend Musona
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Motor Action hold trials
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Celtic still keen on Mutuma
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
SA clubs line up Chitiyo
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Mukamba Wits deal draws close
0
Friday, 04 January 2013 Comments
Tyrone confirms Kirsty lobola
0
Friday, 04 January 2013 Comments
Musona welcome back: Chiefs
0
Wednesday, 09 January 2013 Comments
Farewell, Gazza!
0
Tuesday, 08 January 2013 Comments
Dynamos to get pittance for Denver
0
Sunday, 06 January 2013 Comments
Archived Stories
Article Count 217
Article Count 377
Article Count 665
Article Count 729
Article Count 812
Cartoon
Weather