Wednesday, 15 May 2013
Mobile Version
    
 
Jaure stays at DeMbare
Saturday, 12 January 2013 10:43
HARARE - Dynamos star defender Partson Jaure will stay with the Glamour Boys for another season to gain more experience, his manager has said.  

Jaure has had an outstanding debut season for the Glamour Boys last year, establishing himself at the heart of a mean DeMbare defence that gave very little away.

The 21-year-old’s exploits did not go unnoticed and he was deservedly rewarded with the Dynamos Players’ Player of the Year and the club’s Most Improved Player awards.

He was also voted as one of the 11 Soccer Stars of the Year finalists.

Jaure arrived at Dynamos at the beginning of last season from a loan spell at the now defunct Division one side La-liga and settled admirably well in the DeMbare system.

It was after this brilliant start to his top flight career that a dream move outside the country was beckoning for the steady defender, with his handlers looking at taking him to foreign leagues.

The talented stopper was also said to be on the radar of several clubs in the Absa Premiership, but his manager Kenny Mapeza has decided to keep the defender for another year at the Glamour Boys and expose him to more Champions League football.

“We felt since Dynamos is involved in the Champions League again this season, the player needs that platform to further expose himself to top-level football before he can think of moving,” Mapeza said.

“Dynamos also need the player so it’s something that we looked at and we decided he should have another dance with the club. We felt he still needs that guidance locally and we are hopping he will make great progress in preparing himself for bigger leagues outside the country.

“We had found him a club in Turkey. We wanted him to familiarise himself with the demands of football at such a high level in European leagues. It’s not like clubs were chasing him but we had struck a deal with teams that we work with closely to send him for training.

“We told them we got something for the future and they agreed to take him for training but unfortunately we couldn’t acquire his travelling documents,” added Mapeza.

The news comes as a big boost for coach Calisto Pasuwa who is also battling to secure the services of Hwange defender Aaron Katebe.

Katebe was included in Dynamos’ 25-men provisional squad sent to the Confederation of African Football (Caf) in November pending negotiations, but the deal is now in doubt amid reports that the defender is now being courted by FC Platinum.
 
 
   
 
 
 

 

Comments [0]

 
 
Popular Stories
 
‘CAPS not obsessed by Pakamisa’
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
Ndebele warns clubs against violence
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
Another NRL match abandoned
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
Zim for Care Homes World Cup
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
CAPS hope for fresh start
0
Monday, 13 May 2013 Comments
New twist to Dynamos bid
0
Wednesday, 08 May 2013 Comments
‘CAPS not obsessed by Pakamisa’
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
Bosso mean business
0
Tuesday, 07 May 2013 Comments
Diya kicked out
0
Sunday, 05 May 2013 Comments
Platinum aim to end Bosso jinx
0
Thursday, 09 May 2013 Comments
Archived Stories
Article Count 236
Article Count 493
Article Count 433
Article Count 467
Article Count 590
Cartoon
Weather