Wednesday, 15 May 2013
Mobile Version
    
 
Young Warriors sacrifice exams
Friday, 02 November 2012 09:48
HARARE - At least two Zimbabwe Under-17 football team regulars have opted out of the ongoing ‘O’ Level examinations to travel to Congo-Brazzaville with the Young Warriors for a crucial African Youth Championship qualifier on Tuesday.

The centre-back pairing of Livingstone Genti and Nyasha Munetsi have sacrificed their ‘O’ Level exams to make themselves available for selection ahead of the decisive second round encounter in the Congolese capital next week.

The Young Warriors have their back on the ropes following a 2-1 defeat to Congo in the first leg in Harare last month.

Genti who is a student at Chemhanza High School told the Daily News he had made the decision to forgo his exams in order to help the Young Warriors in their qualification quest.

“My parents have accepted that I write next year in June,” he said, adding: “The decision was very hard but I said to myself I still have an opportunity to help the team win.” - Staff Writer
 
 
       
 
 
 

 


 
 
Popular Stories
 
‘CAPS not obsessed by Pakamisa’
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
Ndebele warns clubs against violence
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
Another NRL match abandoned
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
Zim for Care Homes World Cup
0
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 Comments
CAPS hope for fresh start
0
Monday, 13 May 2013 Comments
New twist to Dynamos bid
0
Wednesday, 08 May 2013 Comments
HIV scare for Kirsty
1
Wednesday, 01 May 2013 Comments
Bosso mean business
0
Tuesday, 07 May 2013 Comments
Diya kicked out
0
Sunday, 05 May 2013 Comments
Platinum aim to end Bosso jinx
0
Thursday, 09 May 2013 Comments
Archived Stories
Article Count 223
Article Count 493
Article Count 433
Article Count 467
Article Count 590
Cartoon
Weather