Saturday, 12 January 2013
Mobile Version
    
 
Motocross sensation in UK contract hunt
By Farai Machamire, Sports Writer
Sunday, 30 December 2012 13:41
HARARE - Zimbabwean motocross sensation Sean Mitchell flies out to England today where he hopes to sign a contract with Italian Moto-X stable KTM Silver Action.

The Silver Action team was formed in 1998 by two motorsport enthusiasts, Sylvester Pizzamiglio and Mario Bui.

The stable has grown from a small company to a renowned team, winning many titles at the world, British, European and Italian Championships.

If Mitchell’s deal falls through, he will join the likes phenomenal Slovenian Tim Gajser who will be hunting the MX2 European title in the coming season.

Silver Action also boasts of riders Gianluca Deghi in the 250cc and MX2 Jose Butron.

“We have been in talks for some time now. Hopefully I can tie down the deal in the next three days,” Mitchell said.

“If all goes well and I sign, I will start testing next weekend. I think this will help a lot in getting my career back on track,” the FIM MX1 African champion said.

Mitchell earlier this year terminated his contract with HMPlant KTM UK team following irreconcilable differences.

At that stage, Mitchell had completed just two rounds of the 15-round World Championship circuit and the premature end to his HMPlant KTM contract marked the end of his participation in both championships.

The 21-year-old Zimbabwe motocross captain returned home mid-way during the year and has been hunting for partnership since then.

Mitchell led the Zimbabwe motocross team at the FIM African Championships in Uganda where the team scooped four gold medals.

Mitchell won the MX1 category with Jayden Ashwell winning the MX2 title, Tristan Grainger the 50cc and Mike Mawarire the 250cc.

Mitchell’s last race in Zimbabwean colours earlier this month at the Summer Series ended in dismay after he crashed out of the MX1 class.

On his aspirations for this coming year, Mitchell says.

 “I think if I can go all the way to win the MX3 title at the World championships this coming year I would have achieved am lot.”
 
 
       
 
 
 

 

Comments [0]

 
 
Popular Stories
 
Jaure stays at DeMbare
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Ausburg suspend Musona
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Motor Action hold trials
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Celtic still keen on Mutuma
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
SA clubs line up Chitiyo
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Mukamba Wits deal draws close
0
Friday, 04 January 2013 Comments
Tyrone confirms Kirsty lobola
0
Friday, 04 January 2013 Comments
Musona welcome back: Chiefs
0
Wednesday, 09 January 2013 Comments
Farewell, Gazza!
0
Tuesday, 08 January 2013 Comments
Dynamos to get pittance for Denver
0
Sunday, 06 January 2013 Comments
Archived Stories
Article Count 217
Article Count 377
Article Count 665
Article Count 729
Article Count 812
Cartoon
Weather