Sunday, 13 January 2013
Mobile Version
    
 
Ritual murders: Two bodies buried
By Chengetayi Zvauya, Parliamentary Editor
Thursday, 20 September 2012 10:08
Friends and relatives bury Paradzai Benhura Masawi of Mungate village, Domboshawa - one of the ritual murder victims. (pic: Annie Mpalume)
HARARE - Two of the five people who were recently murdered in Chinamhora communal lands for ritual purposes were buried yesterday afternoon in Mungate and Zimbiru villages.

Paradzai Benhura Masawi and another man from Gombami family met their death in a brutal attack on Saturday night.

A mass church service for Masawi was held at Mungate Salvation Army Church, leading to his burial at the village graveyard.

Paradzai’s elder brother Charles said his family was devastated by the death of his young brother, and asked for the police’s thorough investigations into the ritual murders.

He said according to the post mortem results, Paradzai had died because of strangulation and had wounds on the head, stomach and his right eye was also damaged.

He said a pair of gloves had been found in the location where the body of his brother was found. “Police informed us that they found a glove they believed to have been used by the murderers in killing my brother. People in the village are no longer free to move in the night and we have formed a neighbourhood watch to monitor the movement of people in the night.”

Paradzai is among five people who were found dead on Monday morning in Chinamhora communal lands as the case of ritual murders deepens in the area.

His body was found near a bush, with some head and stomach injuries, and his neck tied around with his shirt. His clothes and shoes were also missing.

Another person from Gombami family was found in the same area.

Two dead bodies were also found in Sasa Village, with their genital parts missing, and another man was found in Cheza Village.

The Daily News yesterday witnessed the burial of Masawi, as a sad atmosphere engulfed Mungate Village with many villagers expressing shock at the spate of killings that has happened in the area.

Since Tuesday last week seven people have been found dead, two with gorged eyes and two with genital parts sliced off.

Two people were murdered at Showground, Chirodzero Business Centre, whilst four others who are lucky to be alive were assaulted at Mverechena Business Centre.

The four survivors are now receiving treatment at Parirenyatwa Hospital, whilst Clemence Parirewa and Cephas Muchenge were buried on Friday in Parirewa Village.

Six male suspects are in police custody over the murder of two people who had their eyes gorged in a suspected case of ritual murder in Chinamhora communal lands.

The suspects are from Epworth.


 
 
 
 
 

 

Comments [0]

 
 
Popular Stories
 
Chinese woman jailed for three years
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
UZ bars Madzore
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Zanu PF disowns Kereke
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Zinatha president Chavhunduka dies
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
WikiLeaks return trigger tremors
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Mugabe’s ministers rush to TB Joshua
0
Thursday, 03 January 2013 Comments
Mugabe exposes self
0
Sunday, 30 December 2012 Comments
Commanders enter poll race
0
Friday, 04 January 2013 Comments
Mugabe rushes back
1
Thursday, 10 January 2013 Comments
Zanu PF, MDC agree
0
Wednesday, 09 January 2013 Comments
Archived Stories
Article Count 217
Article Count 377
Article Count 665
Article Count 729
Article Count 812
Cartoon
Weather