Wednesday, 15 May 2013
Mobile Version
    
 
MDC youths reintroduce Madzore marches
Friday, 07 September 2012 10:01
HARARE - MDC youths have resolved to resume “Free Solomon Madzore Marches” initiated in January as they step up efforts to have their leader released from incarceration.

Promise Mkwananzi, the secretary-general of the MDC youth assembly, told the Daily News yesterday they had decided to re-introduce the protest marches to mark 15 months of Madzore and other party activists’ incarceration.

“We are aware of the difficulties that we will face in getting police clearing the marches but what we are saying is, we are peacefully demonstrating for the release of our leader,” said Mkwananzi.

Madzore and 28 other MDC supporters were arrested in May last year on charges of murdering police inspector Petros Mutedza in Harare’s Glen View suburb.

The inaugural “Free Solomon Madzore March” was staged in Bulawayo in January this year and about 50 MDC youths were arrested.

Mkwananzi could not be drawn into revealing the actual date when the marches will resume.
 
 
           
 
 
 

 

Comments [0]

 
 
Popular Stories
 
The Herald - renowned pedlars of lies
0
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe ‘bootlicking’ bishop goes gear up
0
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 Comments
Tsvangirai warns security chiefs
0
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 Comments
Madzore’s bail hearing deferred
0
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 Comments
Dad rapes daughter as son watches
0
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 Comments
Mujuru outwits Mnangagwa
0
Wednesday, 08 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe’s secret to long life
0
Monday, 06 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe draws iron curtain around Zim
0
Wednesday, 08 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe's do or die date
0
Sunday, 05 May 2013 Comments
2008 ghost haunts Mugabe
0
Friday, 03 May 2013 Comments
Archived Stories
Article Count 237
Article Count 493
Article Count 433
Article Count 467
Article Count 590
Cartoon
Weather