Wednesday, 15 May 2013
Mobile Version
    
 
Workers mob Chinese employer
Friday, 08 February 2013 15:58
HARARE - Ex-employees of a Chinese-owned construction company have sought the help of the Chinese Embassy to resolve a payment dispute with their former employer.

The Daily News caught up with 12 of the workers at the Chinese economic and commercial counsellor’s office yesterday.

They said they were now tired of the ill-treatment they got from Sun Yalin, the owner Shanxi Corporation, where they were employed.

Workers representatives said 18 of the workers came from a holiday break on January 14 to be told they had been retrenched.

“Imagine being told you are out of a job just like that,” said Mwadiwa Mubvanezuva, the workers union chairperson.

“We told him to give us three months’ notice salary, which he has not done by now.

How are we supposed to survive and support our families? He is cruel,” said Mubvanezuva.

Workers accused Yalin of being so tight-fisted that he gave them 50 cents each for lunch and does not provide safety clothing.

It was not possible to get comment from Yalin who was mobbed by the irate workers.  - Bridget Mananavire
 
 
       
 
 
 

 

Comments [0]

 
 
Popular Stories
 
Tsvangirai warns security chiefs
0
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 Comments
Madzore’s bail hearing deferred
0
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe ‘bootlicking’ bishop goes gear up
0
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 Comments
Dad rapes daughter as son watches
0
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 Comments
Manhunt for $412 000 armed robbers
0
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 Comments
Mujuru outwits Mnangagwa
0
Wednesday, 08 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe’s secret to long life
0
Monday, 06 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe draws iron curtain around Zim
0
Wednesday, 08 May 2013 Comments
Mugabe's do or die date
0
Sunday, 05 May 2013 Comments
2008 ghost haunts Mugabe
0
Friday, 03 May 2013 Comments
Archived Stories
Article Count 236
Article Count 493
Article Count 433
Article Count 467
Article Count 590
Cartoon
Weather