Sunday, 13 January 2013
Mobile Version
    
 
Shock over ritual murders
By Chengetayi Zvauya, Parliamentary Editor
Tuesday, 11 September 2012 09:32
HARARE - Fear and panic have gripped Chinamhora communal lands after two people were murdered and their eyes gorged out in a suspected case of ritual murder.

This happened at the Showground Chirodzero Business Centre.

Four people are lucky to be alive after they were assaulted at Mverechena Business Centre in similar ritualistic acts.

The Daily News yesterday visited the area and witnessed the funeral procession for Clemence Parirewa Jonasi, who was found dead at a bush near his home on Saturday.

Tichaona Parirehwa, the brother of the late Clemence, narrated the tragic death of his brother.

“We were woken by people who were coming from the beer hall at Showground business centre who told us that three bodies had been found lying near our home,” Tichaona said.

The other person who died in the attack is Cephas Muchenje, who succumbed yesterday morning while        

Paddington Muchakata is in the intensive care unit struggling with a left eye that was removed during the attack.

“We rushed to the nearby bush and found the body of my brother together with two other people — Paddington Muchakata and Cephas Muchenje — who had their eyes gouged out. Clemence had a deep gash on his head and lying dead, the other two men are from our village too,” said Tichaona.
 
“We do not know what happened but it is very frightening since it is the first time in our history that three people from the same village are brutally attacked and left for dead. The police were called in to collect the bodies to Makumbe Hospital. We want police protection as we are now very afraid of moving during the night,” said Tichaona.

Chinamhora Police Station Mtetwa confirmed the cases.

“We received reports that six people were attacked by three unidentified people who were wielding chains and knives. Two of them were attacked at Mverechena Business Centre, while the other four were attacked at Showground business centre.

“One of the people who survived the attack was tied to a tree near the river but managed to break free and reported the matter to the police, whilst the other two were attacked at Mverechena Business Centre. They included a commuter bus driver who reported the matter to us.

Their story points to the fact that there is a group of armed people roaming free in Domboshawa attacking people,” said a police officer who chose to identify himself only Mtetwa.

These brutal incidents happened between 9 pm to 1am on Saturday night.

The four survivors are now receiving treatment at Parirenyatwa Hospital, whilst Clemence and Cephas are expected to be buried tomorrow in Parirewa Village.


 
 
           
 
 
 

 

Comments [0]

 
 
Popular Stories
 
Chinese woman jailed for three years
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
UZ bars Madzore
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Zanu PF disowns Kereke
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Zinatha president Chavhunduka dies
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
WikiLeaks return trigger tremors
0
Saturday, 12 January 2013 Comments
Mugabe’s ministers rush to TB Joshua
0
Thursday, 03 January 2013 Comments
Mugabe exposes self
0
Sunday, 30 December 2012 Comments
Commanders enter poll race
0
Friday, 04 January 2013 Comments
Mugabe rushes back
1
Thursday, 10 January 2013 Comments
Zanu PF, MDC agree
0
Wednesday, 09 January 2013 Comments
Archived Stories
Article Count 217
Article Count 377
Article Count 665
Article Count 729
Article Count 812
Cartoon
Weather